The submit_inputs method modifies a set of inputs for a building previously created with the submit_address
method. Once all inputs are complete they can be validated using the validate_inputs
method or the base building can be run using the calculate_base_building
method, which by default runs validate_inputs first.
- The full input set does not need to be complete until the calculation step - you can submit and modify multiple times.
- An input may be unset by sending xsd:nil="true". For example, to unset the window_area element submit <window_area xsd:nil="true"/>.
- The assembly codes for walls, roof, ceiling, windows and skylights are documented here.
- Most of the building inputs are required to be entered before a calculation can be performed.
- The Required column in the following pages refers to whether an input is required to be entered for the submit_inputs method.
- The building inputs are contained in three top level elements: about, zone, and systems, arranged as follows:
||See the retrieve_inputs method for a description of this object|
| API key is not authorized
|| You need to submit a valid API key
| No building found for building_id ####
|| You need to submit a valid building_id
| Building #### is locked
|| The submitted building id has had a score generated and so the inputs are locked
| Schema Validation Failed
|| One of the XML elements is not valid (see subsequent message)