The submit_inputs method modifies a set of inputs for a building previously created with the submit_address method. Once all inputs are complete they can be validated using the validate_inputs method. Valid buildings can then be run and a label document generated by calling generate_label.
- The full input set does not need to be complete until the calculation step - you can submit and modify multiple times.
- An element may be unset by setting xsd:nil="true". For example, to unset the window_area element submit <window_area xsd:nil="true"/>. You must also be sure to specify the xsd namespace: <submit_inputsRequest xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
- The assembly codes for walls, roof, ceiling, windows and skylights are documented here.
- Most of the building inputs are required to be entered before a calculation can be performed.
- The Required column in the following pages refers to whether an input is required to be entered for the submit_inputs method.
- The building inputs are contained in three top level elements: about, zone, and systems, arranged as follows:
See the retrieve_inputs method for a description of this object